New narratives in digital culture
Since 2011 the recurring FIBER Festival is an international meeting place for lovers and creators of art, music and digital culture. The festival attracts over 50 participating speakers and artists, 2500 visitors and a wide selection of local companies and organizations, who will connect in the city of Amsterdam to create a dense program of audiovisual performances, live/DJ sets, installations, conference talks and labs. FIBER connects with both a local and international audience of young, professional creators and renowned artists who are operating at the frontiers of digital technology, to create or consume immersive and mind-bending experiences.
Through the lens of cutting-edge artistic works, FIBER explores the impact of technology on culture, society and nature. The festival gathers artists, thinkers and an adventurous crowd to experience new narratives that give insight to complex topics like artificial intelligence, bots, digital production techniques, hybrid materials and questions how technology will influence the future.
- Festival Exhibition Opening: Thursday 11/5 – Looiersgracht 60
- Conference Day 1: Friday 12/5 – De Brakke Grond (10:00 – 18:00)
- Conference Day 2: Saturday 13/5 – De Brakke Grond (10:00 – 18:30)
- Concert Evening 1: Friday 12/5 – De Brakke Grond (20:00 – 1:00)
- Concert Evening 2: Saturday 13/5 – Shelter (20:30 – 23:00)
- Club Night FIBER x Shelter: Saturday 13/5 – Shelter (23:00 – ?)
- Closing Evening: Sunday 14/5 – more tbc
- Exhibition: Friday 12/5 – Sunday 21/5 – Looiersgracht 60
- Opening Exhibition ‘Of Alchemy & Magic’ – Friday 12/5 – De Brakke Grond. De Brakke Grond & FIBER invites: Artefact Festival